NOHRA's goal for Student Relations is to build a strong line of communication and solid working relationship with the students, advisors and officials from our partnering Colleges and Universities. In addition, Student Relations will provide educational resources geared towards the professional development students.
Students who need support and resources to aid them in their professional careers, or advisors and officials interested in the development of students please feel free to contact the Student Relations Chair by email at email@example.com.
Examples of resources that are provided:
- Resume building workshops
- Interviewing preparation
- Professional speakers for your student chapter meetings or classes
- Networking guidance
- Internship opportunities
The Education Award was established in memory of Roger Elrod, a founding member of the Toledo Employment Managers Association, now known as the Northwest Ohio Human Resource Association (NOHRA). In an effort to promote NOHRA’s goals of advancing the profession and serving the HR professional this “Education Award” is designed to financially assist individuals expressing an interest in the Human Resources profession.
The Education Award program is managed by the Board or its designee (e.g., Student Relations Committee). Awards are provided without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability.
Academic Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Full time undergraduate or graduate student (or part time graduate or undergrad student enrolled at a minimum of 6 credit hours with proof of full time employment*) will be considered. Undergraduate applicants should have an HR related major. Graduate focus should also be related to include, but not be limited to, MBA, MOD, and Organizational Leadership.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 grading system) for undergraduate students and 3.5 for graduate students is necessary.
- Graduating students are encouraged to apply.
NOHRA will award one (1) $2000 scholarship in 2019. The Board will determine each fiscal year what the award amount(s) will be.
Students interested in applying for the Education Award should email the completed application, resume, and 500 word essay to the Student Relations Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Essay topics are evaluated for content, understanding of HR concepts, and presentation (grammar, spelling, and punctuation).
Recipients are selected based upon:
- Evaluation of essay
- Academic achievement
- Volunteer and Leadership involvement
- Financial need
- In person interview, if necessary
- Involvement in the University's student SHRM chapter is strongly preferred
- NOHRA membership strongly preferred
|Click HERE for more information and to apply.|
- November 22, 2019: Deadline for Application
- December 5, 2019: Recognize Recipient(s) at General Membership Meeting, Check to Recipient(s)
NOHRA will be responsible for reviewing this program and has discretion to revise or terminate the program as determined by the Board. Questions may be directed to the Student Relations Chair, Heather Mallette, at email@example.com.