CODE OF CONDUCT
Northwest Ohio Human Resource Association
This Code of Conduct for the Northwest Ohio Human Resource Association (NOHRA) has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct among its members. By joining this Chapter, a member indicates his/her support for upholding this Code and the understanding of his/her individual responsibility to act in accordance with the following items, thereby assuring that all Chapter activities support the development, networking, and educational intents of this professional organization.
As a member of NOHRA, I pledge to maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct exhibited as I:
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management.
- Support SHRM's goals and objectives for developing the human resource management profession.
- Instill in the public and other NOHRA members a sense of confidence about my conduct and intentions.
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my activities.
- Refrain from using my official positions, either regular or volunteer, to secure special privilege, gain or benefit for myself.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Treat others with dignity and respect recognizing that NOHRA is committed to creating an environment which brings out the full potential in each of us.
- Acknowledge that NOHRA meetings, events, and/or any other NOHRA activities are times for networking and development, not times for sales contacts or self-promotion.
Each of us is responsible for knowing and adhering to the values and standards set forth in this Code and for raising questions if we are uncertain about something. If we are concerned whether the standards are being met or are aware of violations of the Code, we must contact an officer of the organization.
The success of NOHRA is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our community, the organizations for which we work, and our members. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching our goals solely through honorable conduct. It is easy to say what we must do, but the proof is in our actions. Ultimately, we will be judged on what we do.