Corporate Human Resources Director
Job Listing Details
The Corporate Human Resources Director is responsible for developing and executing the human resource strategy in support of the Company’s Vision and Values, the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Specifically, the position is responsible for succession planning, recruitment, performance management, employee communications, training and development, compensation and benefits. This position is a member of the Company’s Leadership Team, collaborates with peers and the CEO on implementation of core strategies and on the continuous strengthening of the Employee-Owner culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs the organization’s human resource function.
• Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs with emphasis on providing subject matter expertise regarding the attraction, motivation, development and retention of our employees and their work environment cultures.
• Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR specific strategic and operational plans and programs.
• Provides staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent internally and externally for key positions.
• Provides compensation and benefits program recommendations to enhance motivation, incentive and rewards for strong performance.
• Provides diversity program recommendations targeted to attract applicants and enhance the engagement and opportunity of employees across gender, all ethnicities and sexual preference.
• Provides formats to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develops specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Focus to include: Talent management through succession planning for leadership and management positions; training and development programs for management; as well as functional skills and overall business acumen for all employees.
• Develops policies and programs for highly effective employee relations including: Code of Conduct training; affirmative action; active employee suggestion, feedback and complaint channels; and, career development.
• Develops HR policies and procedures that improve operational effectiveness of the organization.
• Manages the Payroll process, HR files and information systems.
The Bostwick-Braun Co. Job Description Position: Corporate Human Resources Director Department: Corporate Exempt (Y/N): Y
• Benchmarks HR policies, programs and procedures to applicable corporate best practices, and provides subject matter expertise on all relevant HR-related laws and regulations.
• Achieves budget commitment and the attainment of other departmental objectives and commitments.
This position directly manages all employees of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent and 10-plus years of related HR leadership.
• Strong business acumen.
• PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
• Honesty, very high integrity, team and employee orientation.
• Successful leadership experience in a multi-location organization is preferred.
• Flexibility, self-directed, strong work ethic and respect for employees at all levels.
• Strong oral and written communication. Excellent interpersonal, coaching and supervisory skills.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize rapidly, exercises strong problem-solving, decision-making/analytical skills, utilizes strong organizational skills and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.