|Company:||Pro-Pak Industries||Location:||Maumee, OH|
Job Listing Details
Interested applicants should apply directly to: email@example.com
The HR Manager, in alignment with overall business strategy, is responsible for delivering full HR support to all business groups. This position is located in Maumee, OH.
- Partner with internal groups to identify talent needs; develop recruiting and staffing plans to support the organization.
- Provide active, direct involvement in recruiting and selection for hourly and salaried positions within internal group.
- Recruitment activities to include (but not limited to) job posting, interview scheduling, competency selection and development of behavior-based interview questions, candidate debriefing, pre-employment screening and new hire compliance reporting
- Lead new hire/recruiting & selection processes to include training and coaching of management/supervisors in behavior-based interview process and evaluation.
- Lead, coordinate and continuously improve new employee on-boarding processes to include processing necessary forms.
- Support affirmative action compliance and reporting requirements.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Support the labor relations strategy/initiatives.
- Investigate alleged claims that may violate corporate policy, law and / or ethics policy within organization.
- Maintain documentation, notes and paperwork associated with grievances, investigations and information requests.
Employee Development and Performance Management
- Champion the performance management process.
- Ensure that the performance management cycle timelines are being met.
- Coach and counsel as necessary to ensure consistency of performance ratings and assessments.
- Support the annual merit and incentive processes.
- Assess training & development needs, and identify/deliver low cost solutions.
- Create/maintain current job descriptions for all roles within client groups.
- Conduct exit interviews and share findings with appropriate staff.
- Participate in and drive completion of the yearly workforce planning initiatives.
- Prepare data to complete the supply and demand portions of the plan.
- Develop recommended solutions.
Employee Engagement and Metric Analytics
- Coach associates to drive expected behaviors.
- Support and deliver timely communications.
- Identify and select key HR metrics.
- Partner with client groups to proactively prevent and manage employee relations issues, including fair and consistent application of policies and disciplinary action.
Cost Reduction, Process Documentation and Compliance
- Actively look for and implement actions to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with policies and mitigate risk by consulting with the legal as required.
- Provide consultation and guidance on company policies and procedures.
- Recommend new policies and practices to support continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure seamless collaboration with shared services in areas such as payroll and benefits
- Reduce non-value added administration by utilizing standardized, documented, sustainable processes for routine transactions and leveraging manager/associate self-service opportunities.
- Maintain employee records
Safety & EPA
- Drive safety initiatives.
- Maintain all applicable federal, state reports/logs.
- Support investigative initiatives to root cause incidents.
- Maintain documentation, notes and paperwork associated with reports and investigations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of HR experience in all facets of HR – recruitment, employee/labor relations, talent development, policy administration, benefits administration, safety, & training.
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration / Human Resources)
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Knowledge of state and federal employment regulations and record keeping requirements
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Driven to develop efficient and robust processes/procedures that minimize or eliminate non-value added activities and transactions
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to analyze data to identify trends and variations and apply root cause problem solving
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, remain highly organized and thrive in a deadline-driven environment