Human Resources Manager
|Company:||Eastman & Smith Ltd||Location:||Toledo, OH|
Job Listing Details
Human Resources Manager
Eastman & Smith Ltd. is seeking a Human Resources Manager for general human resources activities for all Firm locations. This position requires solid human resources experience specifically with employee relations, moderate benefits expertise, technical proficiency and absolute commitment to client service. Primary duties include assisting in handling sensitive employee relations matters, conducting benefits orientation, answering payroll and benefits-related questions, on-boarding/off-boarding of employee, staff evaluations and managing employees’ leaves of absence. Additionally, the HR Manager will support staff recruiting activities, conduct new hire orientation and perform other activities related to the general administration of the HR department. The individual will also work to improve employee morale and engagement and implement and assist with the development of the Firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Provide customer support to partners, associates and employees on general human resources benefit and payroll questions and issues. Track open issues to satisfactory resolution.
- Investigate discrepancies, proper solutions, and manage resolution of efforts regarding HR, Payroll, Benefits and Timekeeping.
- Lead new employee orientation.
- Coordinate and facilitate exit checkouts with departing attorneys and staff.
- Facilitate and plan employee training sessions.
Health & Welfare and Leave of Absence Administration
- Administer FMLA and other types of leave absence.
- Manage open enrollment periods and other matters related to employee benefits.
- Participate in Annual Open Enrollment tasks.
- Perform diverse duties in the administration of employee benefits functions and coordinate work with accounting and Firm administration.
- Respond to questions regarding HR policies and procedures, including leave of absence policies and processes. Be knowledgeable of Firm policies and federal and state employment regulations and requirements. Share information with Firm administration, the Personnel Committee chair, or Executive Committee as appropriate.
- Maintain the file on communication documents and templates so they are current and compliant with applicable leave laws. Assist with proper communication maintenance in the Firm’s intranet site, posting appropriate documents and other items. Examples include documents distributed to new hires on their first day, as well as required government forms (withholding, I-9, FMLA, etc.).
- Assist with screening and interviewing of candidates for staff positions.
- Administer employment testing to applicants.
- Facilitate new hire orientation, when needed.
- Initiate background checks.
- Conduct reference checks.
Department Administrative Responsibilities
- Assist with employee relations matters, including employee evaluation, disciplinary and compensation recommendations.
- Coordinate/prepare items for payroll.
- Handle day-to-day department administrative tasks.
- Perform employee verifications and attend to other hiring issues.
- Assist with event planning for employee functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of applicable human resources experience with focus on employee relations in a professional setting.
- Strong customer service focus with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record of maintaining confidentiality and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and effectively adapt to changing expectations and situations.
- High standards for personal performance and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of sound judgement and problem-solving skills are critical.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel is required.
- The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work occasional unscheduled overtime and be willing to travel to our offices in Columbus, Findlay and Detroit as needed.
Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.