HRIS and Benefits Manager
|Company:||First Federal Bank of the Midwest||Location:||Defiance Ohio but can work in any of our markets|
Job Listing Details
FIRST FEDERAL BANK
Position Title: HRIS and Benefits Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintains integrity of HRIS database and troubleshoots, analyzes, detects, identifies and corrects technical problems and deficiencies. Coordinate and implement system upgrades as needed.
- Trains and assists users in the utilization and operation of HRIS, with focus on ensuring the HR team is knowledgeable of all systems practices
- Coordinates approval and transfer of payroll data from HR to Accounting for bi-weekly processing
- Identifies, writes and implements Human Resources policies and guidelines regarding the HRIS
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; develop and administer stand reports; provides analysis on data
- Administers and coordinates various benefit programs and associated reports including Affirmative Action Plan; Vets 4212; and other government reports.
- Ensures that HRIS project/department milestones are met
- Consistently follows changes and updates in the system to ensure increased efficiency
- Compliance reporting, benefits administration and managing employee data associated with Patient Protection Affordable are Act provisions
- Continuously seeks ways to eliminate waste, improve processes and maximize customer service.
- Ensures managers and employees are informed of HR related Company objectives, programs, policies and procedures
- Ensures all human resource, including payroll, files and records are maintained and preserved in accordance with established company policies and state and federal regulations
- Provides general Human Resource support as needed & resolves employee requests, complaints and issues courteously and promptly
- Develop user friendly procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Ensure accurate documentation process manual are designed and updated for all HRIS processes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, and various federal requirements.
- Fully understands the benefit offerings and consistently looks for ways to enhance
- Implements benefits changes into the HRIS system
- Completes other duties as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, computer science or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM, SHRM- SCP Certifications preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS database systems and report writing tools such as Cognos or Access
- Extensive knowledge of benefit programs
- Thorough knowledge of human resource policies and procedures, federal/state laws and regulations and corporate policies
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules,
- Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
- 3-5 Years of Previous HRIS Experience
- 5 Years of Previous HR Experience
- Previous Experience in Applicant Tracking System – (Ultipro, Ultimate Software preferred)
- Experience in creating and running reports as needed from HRIS to provide a variety of statistical information.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and report writing applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership supervisory skills
- Understanding of related computer applications
- Analytical skills with ability to interpret data
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Link to our posting: