Retirement Benefits Analyst – OH, PA, W.VA
|Company:||First Energy||Location:||Akron, OH|
Job Listing Details
Job Title: Retirement Benefits Analyst – OH, PA, W.VA
Location: Akron, OH, US, 44408
Job Function: Human Resources
Employee Type: Reg Full Time (FT)
Requisition ID: 18303
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 5,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
This role is critical to the success of the Total Rewards – Benefits & Retirement Programs team and will be directly responsible for day to day retirement plans administration, including the defined contribution (DC) and defined benefit (DB) plans, in partnership with our consultants and third party administrators. This individual will provide subject matter expertise on compliance, reporting and employee education for plans and will also assist in analysis of the plans to identify and develop plan improvements.
This position reports to the Manager, Benefits and can be located in any FE location.
- Providing ongoing delivery of retirement plans, including both 401(k) and pension
- Handling day to day 401(k) administration, including weekly payroll contribution calculations and reconciliations
- Providing proactive customer service support to current and vested former plan participants
- Resolving escalated requests as appropriate for pension and 401(k)
- Preparing and/or reviewing government filings and participating in audits for 401(k) and pension plans
- Validating and preparing complex pension calculations as needed
- Administering plans consistent with plan documents and government regulations
- Recommending and implementing plan procedures and practices for plan improvements and administrative simplification
- Participating on and/or leading retirement-related initiatives and other special projects
- Working directly with consultants, third party administrators and internal resources for retirement programs
- Working effectively in a team environment and assisting others
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline required with minimum 7 years relevant work experience required. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree (preferred), minimum 10 years relevant work experience required. Relevant work experience will include the demonstrated ability to:
- Perform at full competency and proficiency in Retirement Programs (pension and 401k administration)
- Recommend process improvements and implement solutions to complex issues
- Provide leadership on initiatives, projects, and processes with demonstrated project management skills
- Influence decisions made by leadership
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers in all situations and a trusted resource for HR peers
- Partner with leadership to proactively identify problems, analyze solutions, and making results-driven recommendations
- Work with leaders to identify issues / concerns and develop appropriate steps for resolution
- Exercise independent judgment on complex projects and assignments
- Develop and deliver presentations for varying audiences on complex subject matter
- Strong mathematical, technical and analytical skills along with keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable IRS & DOL rules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- SPHR/PHR certification preferred
- Ability to learn, grow and work across FirstEnergy and deliver results
- Experience providing customer-focused support, both internally and externally
- Experience in building positive relationships and working with peers cross-functionally, demonstrating teamwork and collaboration
- Basic knowledge of Federal, State and local HR regulations
- Familiarity with bargaining unit agreements preferred
- Strong analytical, decision-making, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to analyze business needs and generate applicable reports to meet business unit objectives
- Ability to appropriately manage conflict and work through difficult situations as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel throughout organization and work extended hours, as required
- Must be available to assist in outage or storm restoration support during evenings and weekends as needed
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.