Plant Human Reosurces Manager
|Company:||Continental Structural Plastics||Location:||North Baltimore, OH|
Job Listing Details
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for managing the Human Resource Function and Labor Relations environment at the North Baltimore facility. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and dotted line to the V.P. of Human Resources and Labor Relations.
The primary responsibilities are staffing the open hourly and salary positions, managing the weekly staffing requirements, handling the day to day employee relations issues, working with the UAW to maintain a positive working relationship within the facility, administering the labor contract, investigating and solving problems, coaching salaried staff, and working with corporate staff on system, payroll and benefit issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interview, orient salaried and hourly employees.
- Maintain salary and hourly employment records.
- Coach hiring managers and department to develop their human resources.
- Salary planning and administration.
- Direct/support department team members with goals, objectives, developmental requirements and annual reviews.
- Administer labor contract and ensure compliance by other departments.
- Respond to grievances at the 3rd step and advise departments at 1st and 2nd step.
- In conjunction with VP of Human Resource, be the 2nd chair for the contract negotiations.
- Support and comply with Quality, Environmental and 5-S programs.
- Assist EHS Manager with leadership of Executive Safety Committee.
- Develop and maintain plant rules, procedures and policies.
- Administer appropriate disciplinary action for infraction of rules.
- Approve department purchase orders.
- Develop and administer department budget.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, including ADA, EEOC, and FMLA.
- Manage plant security.
- Work with Plant Manager to improve profitability of plant.
- Assist with professional development & team skills training.
- Support Safety Function as required.
- In conjunction with Benefits Director, understand benefit plans and assist employees as required.
- Schedule hourly vacations/process hourly vacation pay.
- Administer attendance program.
- Process weekly and bi weekly payroll.
- Schedule weekend overtime.
- Generate weekly shift roster.
- Administer safety glass program.
- EAP referrals.
- Manage the Company/Plant Employee Fund.
- Process employment verification.
- In conjunction with Corporate Talent Management and Plant Manager, drive the hiring process of salaried employees.
- Coordinate performance evaluation process.
- Generate KOP’s.
- Generate monthly reports to the corporate office
- A four year degree or equivalent with five or more years of related experience.
- Labor Relations experience at plant location, grievance and contract negotiation experience.
- Department goals and objectives
- Salary plan
- Performance reviews
- Monthly KOPs
- Timely completion of projects and duties as required
- Control of all hourly/salary documents
- Month-End reports
Continental Structural Plastics (CSP) is an innovative and full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. CSP offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
Candidates can apply by sending their resume to: CSPJobs@cspplastics.com