Human Resources Generalist
Job Listing Details
Human Resources Generalist – Napoleon, OH
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The position will provide support by implementing and maintaining the local human resources program as well as supporting the overall HR objectives as assigned to the North American Business Unit.
Human Resources Generalist Essential Functions:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Implements and/or maintains human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources Senior Management to ensure local HR expectations and goals are aligned with overall Business Unit objectives
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed, conducts new-employee orientations; may write and places advertisements.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action as needed and requests management feedback regarding any decisions which may impact the business unit overall.
- Ability to impact the local work environment/culture positively by communicating necessary information in a manner that supports management objectives
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manages expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Interested applicants should email his/her resume to Ria Gaines at email@example.com.