Job Listing Details
The HR Manager works as a business partner with functional managers in the development of human capital plans and strategy. The incumbent will support the Human Resources Director and functional managers with identifying key HR issues as well as developing action plans to support the business objectives.
· Promotes a culture of safety and exhibits such behaviors at all times.
· Supports the HR Director through implementation of HR strategy to assure appropriate employee resources are available to achieve planned results. Works with line managers to identify organizational issues that impact the attainment of business objectives.
· Responsible for partnering with and coaching managers on all people management activities including talent management processes, annual performance appraisal, annual bonus & merit increase processes, staffing, learning and development, compliance and employee/labor relations.
· Actively participates in the selection and recruitment of exempt positions. Recommends selection of candidates as well as preparing compensation packages and employment terms.
· Supports the HR Director with campus recruiting activities.
· Engages managers in actively managing and developing future talent.
· Based on the business development needs, works with the HR Director to identify training & development opportunities and resources required for targeted employee populations.
· Assists managers in addressing employee performance issues and providing consultative support as required.
· Supports implementation of Corporate Human Resources programs and policies for the business.
· Works with the business and appropriate company resources to resolve any litigation or legal issues.
· Actively engages in communications with other HR team members around best practices and identifies opportunities to create consistency where necessary.
· Works with the HR Shared Services group to identify and implement processes necessary to eliminate duplication of work and reduce overall administrative burden.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
· This position will interact with supported EXCO members, Directors and managers across all supported functions. Through project work, may have exposure to CEOs and both Cement and ACM operational leaders.
· This role will have a high level of interaction with HR Directors, business managers and HR Coordinator.
· The incumbent must have ability to build relationships and get up to speed quickly on needs of the business and offer solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Preferred field of study:
Travel Requirements: 20%