Corporate HR Manager
|Company:||The Spiratex Company||Location:||SE Michigan|
Job Listing Details
The Spiratex Company
Custom Thermoplastic Extrusions
The Spiratex Company is currently seeking a human resource professional to fill a corporate role of Human Resource Manager to plan, organize, develop, coordinate, and direct the strategic and tactical functions of the Human Resource Department at both of our manufacturing locations in Romulus and Monroe, Michigan.
Founded in 1955, The Spiratex Company has pioneered many innovative plastics manufacturing technologies combining the latest extrusion technology, and an uncompromising commitment to quality. As a result, Spiratex is a leader in the thermoplastic extrusion industry today. Spiratex prides itself on its exemplary work ethic and dedication to problem solving in all industries. We also take pride in our employees and know that to be successful we have to build long-term relationships with our employees and ensure that they each enjoy a feeling of self-esteem and self-respect in their jobs. www.spiratex.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement HR solutions supporting alignment of corporate strategy, communications, organizational culture and values.
· Consult with senior leadership and managers regarding organizational solutions and programs related to talent management.
· Manage and facilitate employee engagement and culture improvement initiatives.
· Develop and implement company-wide leadership and performance practices, including but not limited to, leadership development programs, performance management processes and succession planning processes.
· Formulate and recommend to executive management, human resource policies, practices, and objectives to effect continual improvement in the efficiency of the department and its services.
· Provide leadership and direction for human resource programs and supervise human resource department staff.
· Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company human resource policies and governmental laws and regulations.
· Establish positive employer-employee relations by protecting and improving the quality of work life at The Spiratex Company.
· Ensure compliance with state, federal and local legislation pertaining to personnel matters.
· Coordinate and administer employee benefits for current and past employees.
· Direct recruitment and staffing, and assess the needs of the organization and develop training or other programs to improve performance and promote employee development.
· Develop and improve open channels of communication throughout the company.
· Coordinate the safety program between both facilities to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and foster a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
· Explore, plan and organize better utilization of available human resource information systems.
· Strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent communication skills and good training technique.
· Ability to be discreet and ethical.
· Problem solving skills with dual focus to balance both the employee’s and the company’s concerns in sometimes gray areas.
· Knowledge of organizational planning and development.
· Specialized training in employment legislation and compliance issues.
· Strong leadership qualities.
· Ability to build rapport with employees across all levels.
· Fundamental knowledge of labor and employment laws.
· Experience in conflict resolution.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, Master’s degree preferred.
· SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP preferred.
Interested andidates should e-mail Cheryl Harnica at firstname.lastname@example.org